The spine is one of the most complex and intricatestructures in the human body, and houses the spinal cord while offering strength and mobility. However, the spinal canal and spinal cord are susceptible to injury, and the many joints that make up the spine can each cause a different type of pain.The origins of back and neck pain are often multifactorial and complex, and can lead to misdiagnosis and surgery which does not help to alleviate the symptoms.
Here at NeuSpine Institute, we specialize in diagnosing and localizing pain with a personalized treatment plan that fits your specific needs and pathology. Spinal surgery is a last resort, only to be undertaken after failure of nonsurgical therapies such as physical therapy, interventional pain management, chiropractic, and spinal regenerative techniques.
Should you experience any of the following signs of neurologic dysfunction orspinal pain, we highly recommend seeking professional evaluation as soon as possible to prevent further deterioration:
- Neck discomfort with radiation to the arms/hands
- Loss of fine motor control in the hands
- Balance problems, leading to falls or an unsteady feeling
- Nerve pain in the arms or legs, including burning, numbness
- Back pain with radiation to the legs/feet
- Gluteal or leg pain worse with walking and improved with sitting down
- Weakness, numbness, and burning tingling in the arms and legs
- Sudden pain in the back with lifting something heavy, especially if you have osteoporosis
Pain in the hips, or at the belt line
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
- Loss of control of your foot
Our spine surgeons are fellowship-trained neurosurgeons who specialize in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery. We use the most advanced treatment techniques, such as stem cell and PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy, as well as minimally invasive techniques, to help you to FEEL GOOD AGAIN.